The seventh season of the hugely popular horror-drama series The Walking Dead is heading to Australian DVD and Blu-ray.
Entertainment One Australia have announced a release date of September 27 for season 7’s DVD and Blu-ray, which will come with a range of bonus features such as behind the scenes featurettes, deleted scenes and audio commentaries with cast members Norman Reedus, Melissa McBride, and Lauren Cohan, among others.
Season 7 is considered to be one of the show’s most controversial chapters thus far. After season 6’s ‘oh hell no!’ cliffhanger finale, season 7 continued on in truly shocking fashion, solidifying Negan (Jeffery Dean Morgan) as one of television’s most detestable, most brutal villains of all time. Seriously, he needs to be taken down.
Here’s the complete list of special features:
• Featurettes x7: ‘Breaking and Rebuilding’, ‘In Memoriam’, ‘A Larger World’, ‘A New Chapter’, ‘The Writer’, ‘Top Walker’, ‘Warrior Women’
• Deleted & Extended Scenes x 8 scenes
• Inside The Walking Dead x 16 episodes
• Making of The Walking Dead x 16 episodes
• Audio Commentaries x 6: Featuring contributions from Scott Gimple, Greg Nicotero, Mi- chael Cudlitz, Angela Kang, Norman Reedus, Alanna Mastertson, Josh McDermitt, Austin Amelio, Denise Huth, Lennie James, Melissa McBride, Lauren Cohan
And if you’re a big TWD fan, you may want to consider pre-ordering from JB Hi-Fi as it reportedly comes with exclusive cover artwork.
In Season 7 of the iconic show, Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and his group will find out yet again that the world isn’t what they thought it was and the lengths they will have to go to in order to find weapons, food and new fighters is nothing short of remarkable. While they have a singular purpose – to defeat Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) – it won’t come easy. More importantly, victory will require more than Alexandria. They need the numbers of the Kingdom and the Hilltop.